Saturday, December 09, 2006

Police stations and Wiis

I have spent the last two days working solidly and through the night. I've been advising folk at police stations. I can't tell you how much time and public money is wasted in the police investigating the biggest load of rubbish imaginable. I never get the murder cases or posh or rich people just very ordinary stuff. Having said that the stories are funny, heartbreaking, fascinating and always challenging. Like the illegal immigrant who came here with no English in the back of a lorry, didn't know which town he was in, slept on a park bench the first night, then walked the streets and got himself a 12 hour a day, 7 day a week job being exploited. He's probably on his way back to his wartorn country as I type now!

Anyway, I got one hours sleep between 7:30 and 8:30 am and even that was interrupted by my cat Barney at 8:10! I finished at 4pm rushed to get my Nintento Wii only to find the new guy who owns my local shop hadn't kept me one. I nearly cried! Anyway, he relented and sold me the one he saved for himself. He'll never make a fortune if he consumes his own stock!

I'm too tired to do anything with the Wii. I've foolishly unpacked it and it lies around in pieces whilst I pour a well deserved white wine and settle down to ... the XFactor Semi Finals! Bliss at last!

I'm being taken out for a belated Birthday lunch tomorrow where I'll probably fall asleep in the starters.

Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,actually, I think mine look pretty but fully discloses my shallow depths! Yours has actual stuff that you do on it which is much more interesting.

I am sure we share an opinion on ASBO's, I particularly dislike the breach of an ASBO being a criminal offence. I think we demonise young people & the public policy agenda says nothing about how much we like young people. I can't imagine how I would feel if I was a teenager.

You did the word verification thing, well done!

madmary said...

I knew we would agree.

Thanks for dropping by Helen.

Mary