Friday, December 22, 2006

Thoughts of Baghdad and Birmingham

I've just finished listening to Baghdad Burning based on the blog by Riverbend, so I thought I would actually look at her blog. It makes for fascinating reading. I was particularly moved by her farewell to her Christian friend and her reason for wearing the Hijab. I've decided to link her blog here.

My life is so dull compared to what she and her family and her countrymen and women are going through, and for that I should be, I am grateful.

On a lighter note I got my pictures up on the PM Blog's advent calendar. I must admit to a fair bit of nagging and in the end an email to Eddie Mair. He sent one back which I will treasure!

So whilst Riverbend is living in a war torn country losing her friends the highspot of my life is an email from a BBC Newsreader. For that I am truly grateful.

I'm going to try to post one of the pictures I sent to PM, of holly. Sort of Christmassy, and from my favourite spot.

Mary

No comments: